SOS Security standards and processes and compliance with regulatory requirements:
- SOS Medical currently holds a contractual agreement with our software service provider that ensures Brightree, LLC complies with the requirements of the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (“HIPAA”), as amended. Brightree will comply with its obligations under contract and at law.
- Brightree has protocols related to passwords and confidentiality that it will maintain and enforce.
- Brightree has protocols to monitor access to its systems that it will maintain and enforce.
- Brightree has protocols related to review of access by its employees and by third parties that it will maintain and enforce.
- Brightree monitors its systems for security purposes and will continue to do so.
- Brightree protects its systems and equipment from computer viruses, malicious codes and unauthorized software with its policies and processes, and will continue to do so.
- SOS Medical requires all staff members to successfully complete HIPAA Compliance training and certification.
- SOS Medical monitors user access to ensure employees only have access to the necessary information and functionality within our database